A Good Man


A Good Man

by 



3 Stars

I struggled to really like A Good Man, but in the end it was just so dark that I couldn’t.  It’s a quick read and I thought the writing was excellent.  I didn’t find it all to be the “slow, oppressive narrative” that at least one other reviewer describes; in fact, I moved through it very quickly.  But the story is just so dark and depressing that I couldn’t really love it.  There weren’t even any likeable characters in the book; they were all flawed and dysfunctional beyond any real hope for redemption.  Maybe the story just isn’t for me, but the 3 stars are for a well written book, I couldn’t rate the story itself that highly.

Comments

My Recent Reads

Mike's Books

American Rebels: How the Hancock, Adams, and Quincy Families Fanned the Flames of Revolution
really liked it
American Rebels: How the Hancock, Adams, and Quincy Families Fanned the Flames of Revolution by Nina Sankovitch 4 Stars American Rebels is a marvelous work of history, telling the story of the founding of our nation through the...

goodreads.com

Popular posts from this blog

The First Conspiracy

Ghost Hunting: True Stories of Unexplained Phenomena from The Atlantic Paranormal Society

The Wax Pack