The First Conspiracy

The First Conspiracy: The Secret Plot to Kill George Washington

 by  and Josh Mensch

 4 Stars

 I found The First Conspiracy to be a very interesting account of a little known and seldom written about aspect of the American Revolution: a British plot to turn colonists (and especially colonial soldiers) to the British side and (possibly at least) to capture and perhaps kill George Washington and other colonial generals.

 I won the book in a Goodreads giveaway, so first of all I’d like to thank Goodreads, the publisher, and the author for a chance to read and review the book.  When I entered the giveaway I didn’t realize that this was a “Young Reader’s Edition” of the book.  I was apprehensive when I first saw that but still found the book very interesting and informative.  The only major concession to “Young Reader’s” I noted was the very short chapters.

 Highly recommended.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/44280876-the-first-conspiracy

https://www.bookbub.com/books/the-first-conspiracy-young-reader-s-edition-by-brad-meltzer-and-josh-mensch



Comments

My Recent Reads

Mike's Books

American Rebels: How the Hancock, Adams, and Quincy Families Fanned the Flames of Revolution
really liked it
American Rebels: How the Hancock, Adams, and Quincy Families Fanned the Flames of Revolution by Nina Sankovitch 4 Stars American Rebels is a marvelous work of history, telling the story of the founding of our nation through the...

goodreads.com

Popular posts from this blog

Ghost Hunting: True Stories of Unexplained Phenomena from The Atlantic Paranormal Society

The Wax Pack