America's Trailblazing Middle Linebacker


America's Trailblazing Middle Linebacker: The Story of NFL Hall of Famer Willie Lanier

by 

2 Stars

I was very disappointed by this book.  I expected and hoped for a biography of one of the greatest football players from my youth, Willie Lanier.  What I found was essentially just a recap of each Kansas City Chiefs game from the early years of Lanier’s career sprinkled with quotes from Lanier pulled from interviews he gave to NFL Films.  There is almost nothing about Lanier’s youth and painfully little about his time in college or his life after his retirement from the NFL.  I don’t feel like I know any more about the man than I did before reading the book.

Comments

My Recent Reads

Mike's Books

American Rebels: How the Hancock, Adams, and Quincy Families Fanned the Flames of Revolution
really liked it
American Rebels: How the Hancock, Adams, and Quincy Families Fanned the Flames of Revolution by Nina Sankovitch 4 Stars American Rebels is a marvelous work of history, telling the story of the founding of our nation through the...

goodreads.com

Popular posts from this blog

The First Conspiracy

The Wax Pack

Ghost Hunting: True Stories of Unexplained Phenomena from The Atlantic Paranormal Society